[GRASSLIST:3638] Re: Safe to use GRASS 5?

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed May 8 03:38:56 EDT 2002

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 09:24:44PM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Hello Roy,
>
> in general the GRASS 5 beta releases are stable enough to work with.

Hello Roy,

as an addition - many GRASS developers and more people are using GRASS 5.0
for daily production. Due to the improved development process as described
below by Bernhard lots of bugs have been identified and fixed.

Even 4.3 may (and will) contain bugs, keep that in mind.

I can recommend the latest 5.0 version to you. Note that we
plan the next release of 5.0pre4 these days.

Markus

--
Markus Neteler

ITC-irst, Istituto per la Ricerca Scientifica e Tecnologica
     Project on Predictive Models for the Environment
Via Sommarive, 18        -      38050 Povo (Trento), Italia
tel +39 0461 314 -520 (fax -591)          http://mpa.itc.it