[GRASSLIST:3649] Re: How to creat tiff word file

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Thu May 9 10:52:57 EDT 2002

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 03:39:46PM +0530, Anil Kumar Bhagat wrote:
> Dear Grass user ,
>                   I want to import my scaned toposheet map that is in tiff
> format into the lat-log map set . It is showing following error .
> It is asking for word tiff file . The output is as following
> please help me .
> /********************************************************************/
> TIFF Directory at offset 0x8
>   Image Width: 1272 Image Length: 1650
>   Resolution: 150, 150 pixels/inch
>   Bits/Sample: 8
>   Compression Scheme: None
>   Photometric Interpretation: RGB color
>   Orientation: row 0 top, col 0 lhs
>   Samples/Pixel: 3
>   Rows/Strip: 2
>   Planar Configuration: single image plane
>   Looking for TIFF World file ...   Not Found!
> WARNING: G_set_window(): Illegal latitude for North
> ERROR: couldn't set cellhd.

Try importing it into an XY location.  It's using the width/height with
1 pixel E-W, N-S resolution, so the resulting numbers are out of range
for a Lat/Long location.  It's an error in the program that I've
corrected in CVS a few days ago (maybe in the next release).

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>