[GRASSLIST:3663] Re: no $LOCATION -> problems with gstat

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Sat May 11 12:12:22 EDT 2002

Stephan Holl wrote:

> I updated my GRASS from cvs today, and now $LOCATION is empty, but gstat
> depends on $MAPSET, $GISDBASE and $LOCATION.
> Otherwise it cannot access the GRASS-sitelists.
> How can I set these variables during GRASS_startup?

1. The crude but simple way:

	eval `g.gisenv`
	LOCATION=$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET
	export GISDBASE LOCATION_NAME MAPSET LOCATION

2. The slightly longer way:

	eval `g.gisenv get=GISDBASE`
	eval `g.gisenv get=LOCATION_NAME`
	eval `g.gisenv get=MAPSET`
	LOCATION=$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET
	export GISDBASE LOCATION_NAME MAPSET LOCATION

Option 2 has the advantage of not consuming excessive environment
space when there are lots of settings in $GISRC.