[GRASSLIST:3667] Re: r.in.gdal error

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Wed May 15 09:02:53 EDT 2002

Anil Kumar Bhagat writes:
 > Dear Grass users,
 >                  I am using grass5.0.0pre2 and gdal-1.1.5. I want to
 > import ERDAS (.img) raster file into my lat-long Location .When I use
 > r.in.gdal to import ERDAS (.img) raster file, it gives the fillowing ERROR
 > It work fine with X-Y Location but I want to import in lat-lon location.

Anil, please do NOT take my answer for authoritative since I have only
been using grass for a few weeks.  However, from what I've been able
to tell, the proper procedure for importing a raster without
georeferencing information is to create two locations: one lat/lon and
the other X-Y.  r.in.whatever the raster into the X-Y location, add it
to an i.group, set the i.target for the raster to be the lat-lon
location, i.rectify the raster into lat/lon, g.region
rast=YOUR-RASTER, and d.rast map=YOUR-RASTER .

At least, that's the theory.  I still haven't yet gotten a raster
rectified.

--
-russ nelson              http://russnelson.com | Okay, enough is enough!
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | Can we PLEASE all stop