[GRASSLIST:3764] Re: Win2000 Cygwin and R-interface

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon May 27 10:26:35 EDT 2002

On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 09:06:50AM +0300, Mika Siljander wrote:
> I am using GRASS 5 on Win2000 with Cygwin and X-window.
> It's works fine but I have not to been able to
> install GRASS-R interface.
>
> anybody who have done this - how to do it?

Hi Mika,

you have to get the
R CMD INSTALL
command working. Then you can install the GRASS-R interface
inside Cygwin in the same way as under Linux.

To get the R/install working, you will have to copy some PERL
files from you windows-PERL inside the related directory under
cygwin. The command should complain about missing functions/PERL
files, from that you can derive it. We did that month ago,
I cannot fully remember the directory names.

If successfull, please throw together a small instructions file
for the GRASS web site.

Thanks,

 Markus