[GRASSLIST:3766] Re: i.rectify error

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue May 28 03:55:31 EDT 2002

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 08:49:30AM +0200, Harald Wehr wrote:
> i'm using grass 5.0.0pre3/Linux SuSE 7.3 and i try to use i.rectify to
> transform a raster map from a xy-location to a gauss-krueger location.
>
> i.rectify starts normal and after some time i get a mail with following
> text:
>
> GIS ERROR: error while writing to temp file
>
> On my hard disk there are over 4 GB free so this can't be the reason for
> this error.

Do you have any partitions which could run out of space?
While running the command, run
 watch df -h
in another terminal. Just to be sure that space is not an issue.

> In the Grass manual book there is something written about i.rectify2,
> but i can't find this program on my PC.

You *are* using i.rectify2, because
 i.rectify  -> disabled
 i.rectify2 -> i.rectify
since 5.0.0pre1.

> Can you help me here? Thanks in advance.
Please try above. Then we can check for further problems.

Best,
Markus Neteler