[GRASSLIST:3774] Re: Cell Resolution

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue May 28 09:23:04 EDT 2002

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 04:43:16AM -0700, Daniel Victoria wrote:
> Hi all Grass Users
>
> I created a region to work with some data and set the
> cell res. to 20m. But later I aquiered some aerial
> photograph with better resolution and when I rectified
> the image it became very coarse. I guess it got
> resampled to 20 x 20 m.  I know that I'll have to
> reference the image again but is there a way to change
> my region cell resolution or do I have to create a new
> region?
>
> Thanks

Hi Daniel Victoria,

normally all raster import modules preserve the original
resolution. It should be sufficient in your case to run

g.region rast=aerial
d.erase
d.rast aerial

You can find out about map resolutions with
r.info rastermap
v.info vectormap (here resolution does not apply, it's always kept original)
s.info sitesmap  (also here resolution does not apply since we have points)

Hope this helps,

 Markus