[GRASSLIST:3775] Re: d.zoom revisited

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue May 28 12:37:59 EDT 2002

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 09:06:36AM -0400, Kevin Slover wrote:
> Markus,
>     thanks for the help so far.  However, I have not been able to get
> d.zoom to work with a vector file only.  It is probably user error, and
> I just wanted to make sure that I am going through the proper steps...
>
> I downloaded the latest tarball from CVS (both from grass5/source and
> snapshot experimental), untarred etc.  I then went into
> src/display/d.zoom and ran gmake5.  Afterwhich, ran gmakelinks5 -i.  So
> far so good??

sounds good.

> I started up tcltkgrass and openned my vector file (shoreline.vect) and
> tried to zoom.  This time at least it did not bark at me for not having
> a raster open.  However, when zooming, I get the blank screen.  Now, to
> add a little spice, when using default (having no buttons selected from
> d.zoom tcl menu), it allows me to zoom (though unsuccesful).  When
> selecting zoom/unzoom button, it says that action not a valid parameter.

Yes - the tcltkgrass menu entry for d.zoom was outdated. I have fixed
that two days ago.

cd src/tcltkgrass
cvs login
  password: grass
cvs up -dP
gmake5 -i

restart GRASS. Then it should work (d.zoom on cmd line already does
for you).

You have reached 99% already :-)

Good luck for the remaining 1%.

 Markus