[GRASSLIST:4953] Mosaicking and reprojecting

Wayne Thai wayne at keyholecorp.com
Thu Nov 14 19:15:43 EST 2002

Hi All,

I'm a new user to GRASS and I installed it yesterday, and did the tutorial with the spearhead sample data online. Anyhow, now that I have some sort of idea of what I'm doing, I'm running into some trouble. I have a bunch of data, and I would like to make a mosaic of it, then reproject it into LAT/LON. The current projection is State Plane. Here is what I've done so far.

I have imported the .tif files (with the .tfw) into GRASS, and it separates it into the RGB bands. So what I did was, I used the d.rgb command to display the image, but the colors come out all weird, how do I make it display the real colors. I have also tried using r.in.gdal but when I display that, it comes out black and white. I have also tried r.composite and it also displays weird colors (like a flash back to the 80's with neon colors and all)