[GRASSLIST:5059] Raster reprojection, callable from another program

Jeff Jacober jeff at terraengine.com
Mon Nov 25 13:04:36 EST 2002

Hello.

I have a database that contains orthorectified raster images (SPOT
satellite images).  I need to find a way that these images can be
reprojected into a different map projection on demand.  I need the
process to be able to be automated and performed  as it is required
(Example: a user requests an image and wants it in a certain projection.
The server fetches the image (.tif or .jpg file) and reprojects it and
then serves the new image).

I was thinking something like an executable that takes as paramaters the
filename, original projection, and desired projection, and then writes a
new image file. This could then be called as neccessary.  I can find
something very similar, but they either can't be called by another
program, or they only handle vectors and not rasters.

Can GRASS accomplish this? (or maybe OSSIM?) If so how can I do it?

Thanks.
Jeff Jacober
Iunctus Geomatics Corp.
325 5th Street South