[GRASSLIST:4619] Re: NVIZ output to MPEG animations: I'm lost in version hell

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed Oct 2 12:53:37 EDT 2002

On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 12:28:43AM +1200, H. Bowman wrote:
[...]
> I picked up the mpeg_encode program from the Berkeley FTP site as
> suggested in Neteler/Mitasova's Open Source GIS: A GRASS GIS Approach, and
[...]
> I also searched for the make.mpeg script mentioned in section 8.2.3, which
> does not seem to exist anywhere. Is the idea that I should call my script
> make.mpeg??

I am sorry, we simple forgot to link the scripts at:
http://mpa.itc.it/grasstutor/examples.phtml

[...]
> In section 8.2.3, the book also talks about rgb2gifanim, which as far as
> google is concerned, only exists in a couple of GRASS documents!?!

Now also linked at
http://mpa.itc.it/grasstutor/examples.phtml

[Helena answered some other questions, maybe we can work out a small
 GRASS/MPEG document later with your help and experience]

Thanks,

 Markus Neteler