[GRASSLIST:4639] Re: [GRASS5] nviz development

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Thu Oct 3 20:56:27 EDT 2002

Gordon Keith wrote:

> What's the current status with development in nviz?
>
> I would really like the keyframe animation save and load buttons to work
> and am thinking of trying to hack the code to enable them.
>
> However, I've never done any Tcl programming so I'm afraid it might be a
> big ask.
>
> Is there any current development in nviz?
>
> Can anyone give me any pointers to information on the nviz internals
> (other than the source code)?
>
> Has anyone done/doing some of the work already?

It isn't really under active development, although any reported bugs
will get fixed if someone can figure out what the problem is.

I started looked into your report, and got as far as line 1063 of
keyanimAddKey in src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2/scripts/panel_kanimator.tcl:

	set an_element [list [lindex $i 0] values]

This is where the "values" is coming from. Initially I thought that it
should be "$values", but there isn't any such variable, or even
anything similar. There isn't anything relevant in the CVS history
either.

However, the "save" option simply dumps $keyanimFrameRate and
$keyanimKeyList to a file. The literal "values" would be present in
the value of $keyanimKeyList which is used throughout that file, so
that doesn't actually appear to be part of the problem.

If loading doesn't work, the most likely reason would be that the save
option is omitting important data. I have absolutely no idea what that
might be, though.