[GRASSLIST:4694] Re: GRASS 5.0.0 on OS X Jaguar (10.2.1)

Scott W Mitchell smitch at eos.geog.utoronto.ca
Wed Oct 9 13:09:20 EDT 2002

If my mail program is not "lying", I never got back to you on this.
So, to send appropriate thanks and get the fixes into the mail
archives...

ignoring for the time being.  I tried your suggestions but kept getting
the same error.  For the other modules, the keys were (1) renaming
libedit -> libgedit, (2) renaming round() (tried finding an appropriate
compile-time argument instead, to no avail), and (3) adding vars.o
where required in the Makefile.

When I get a chance I will further investigate the library search /
language version issue.  So far all I know is that options in the
Apple-supplied manual pages are not doing what I'd expect, and that one
option would be to use the command gcc_select to use the older gcc
instead of 3.x.  But I will have to return to this later - will be
watching mailing lists for similar issues in other packages under OS X
in the meantime.

Thanks for all your help,

Scott Mitchell