[GRASSLIST:4779] Re: batch jobs

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Fri Oct 18 04:31:49 EDT 2002

Stephan Holl wrote:

> create a list of names and use the for-loop on the list:
> <untested>
> LISTE=`ls $GISBASE/cell | grep "^[a,d,t]"`
> for i in $LISTE
>   do

This won't work, as:

1. $GISBASE is the root of the GRASS installation.

2. The "cell" directory is within the mapset directory.

3. The database/location/mapset directories aren't stored in
environment variables any more; you would have to use e.g.

	eval `g.gisenv`
	LISTE=`ls $GIDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/cell ...

We really ought to add an option to g.list to allow obtain the
information in a machine-readable format.