[GRASSLIST:4785] Exporting raster map

Alexandra Zamparas kat at nada.kth.se
Sun Oct 20 11:27:15 EDT 2002

Hello!
I have some raster maps that I would like to include in my thesis
report and I was wondering how that can be done. I found the "Export"
with certain formats where I chose the TIFF one. When I tried to
export to my home directory, I got a complaining message that
:"ERROR: Color map for palette must have less than 256 colors for the
       available range of data". My map is actually in grey scale.

So, what should I do? Is there any way that I can have my exported
map as a GIF or JPEG? Why is my Grass complaining?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Warm regards,

Alexandra Zamparas