[GRASSLIST:4802] Re: Palette

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Tue Oct 22 17:09:24 EDT 2002

Alexandra Zamparas wrote:

> I have this elevation map that I would like to display with colors
> like those we find on a common geophysical map (green for plain
> areas, light brown for higher parts and dark brown for the highest
> ones). Do I need to reclassify the map or can apply an already
> available color palette?

There isn't a pre-defined colour table which matches that description.
You can create an arbitrary colour table using:

	r.colors map=... color=rules

then entering category/colour pairs. Once you have one map with a
suitable colour table, you can copy it to another map using:

	r.colors map=... rast=...

See the r.colors manual page for more details.