[GRASSLIST:4801] Re: G.region

Gordon Keith gordon.keith at csiro.au
Tue Oct 22 17:52:35 EDT 2002

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002 01:53, Alexandra Zamparas wrote:
> Thanks for the replies on exporting a raster. I would like to ask
> another question now: I have a raster (elevation), I do d.zoom and
> choose the area, do g.region to see the new coordinates and then
> perform r.fill.dir which is done in that region. So far, so good.
> When I display again elevation in another monitor the raster has
> different coordinates. Is g.region monitor dependent? (maybe this is
> too simple a question but I don't know). How do I set the new region
> in another monitor?

Monitors appear to have some memory of the region that existed when they
were last used.

d.erase resets the monitor to use the current region.

Regards
Gordon

--

Gordon Keith
Programmer/Data Analyst

Jesus answered, "I am the way, the truth, and the life;
no one goes to the Father except by me."
  -- John 14:6