[GRASSLIST:4813] Re: Another Grass 5 question

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Wed Oct 23 21:34:37 EDT 2002

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 05:37:12PM -0700, John Dougherty wrote:
> Trying to zoom an image from the tcltkgrass menu results in an error message:
> "Sorry, <el> is not a valid parameter"
>
> In the d.zoom window, the command appears to be:
>
> "d.zoom el=<rastname>"
>
> Using d.zoom from the command line eliminates the problem.  The manual
> indicates that the choices should be "rast", "vector", or "site."  No "el"
> mentioned, just as the error message indicates.  The d.zoom code in
> src/tcltkgrass/modules includes teh "el" code for the raster choice.  Can I
> edit and replace that without completely recompiling?

Looks like that was missed...  Just edit
grass5/tcltkgrass/module/d.zoom and restart tcltkgrass.

interface_build {
    {d.zoom} 0
    {Allows the user to change the current geographic region settings interactively, with a mouse.}
    {entry rast {Name of existing raster map:} 0 raster}
    {entry vector {Name of existing vector map:} 0 vector}
    {entry site {Name of existing sites map:} 0 sites}
    {checkbox -j {Just redraw given maps using default colors} "" -j}
    {checkbox -f {Full menu (zoom + pan)} "" -f}
    {checkbox -h {Handheld mode} "" -h}
}

--
static const char signature[] =