[GRASSLIST:4436] Re: where is i.tape.tm3

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Sep 9 07:32:53 EDT 2002

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 11:17:52AM +0200, Bernd.Schulte at wintershall.de wrote:
> hello,
>
> I installed and worke(d) with grass5.0.0pre3 and grass5.0.0pre4.3 as .rpm
> packages from a CD. Everything worked find, but the version couldnot find
> the command i.tape.tm3. Thus I downloaded binaries and installation script
> of new release grass5.0.0 (august 2002). Again installation and start
> worked fine, but the command i.tape.tm3 still is not found.
>
> Any ideas?

This command is not included as it doesn't work properly.
The same functionality is covered by r.in.gdal.
Possibly you have to upgrade to a recent GDAL library
as LANDSAT-7-FAST support was added recently.
Other LANDSAT data should be already supported (works fine for me).

Hope this helps,

 Markus Neteler