[GRASSLIST:4489] Re: Landsat image

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Thu Sep 12 22:46:19 EDT 2002

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 04:54:36PM -0400, Petra Wallem wrote:
> Hi every body, well I am a complete newbie... so I bet you will have to have
> patience with me... Any way, I want to import a binary satelite image with
> extention .bsq. The point is that I have it on my hard disk not on a tape,
> dose the i.tape.other still work in this case?

r.in.gdal or, with more work on your part, r.in.bin can import those.
The trick is, do you have an ESRI style .hdr to go along with it with
parameters like:

nbands 1
nbits 8
nrows 8430
ncols 8980
byteorder I
layout BIP
skipbytes 0
ulxmap    534500.000
ulymap   4572000.000
xdim 25.00
ydim 25.00
bandrowbytes 8980
totalrowbytes 8980

For BSQ, it'll be slightly different (primarily nbands may be > 1,
and skipbytes might be > 0).  These are basically raw
binary files one band after the other, though sometimes they'll
have all the metadata as text at the beginning of the file
(hence the "skipbytes" parameter).

--
begin 664 .signature
M<F5L;&E-("Y'(&-I<D4@/G1E;BYS<&I`,FUG93P)"`@("`@("`@("`@("`@(