[GRASSLIST:4522] Re: r.stats -z problem

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Tue Sep 17 14:23:26 EDT 2002

Roy Sanderson wrote:

> I'm hitting a fundamental problem using r.stats on GRASS5.0pre5.  r.stats
> -z is listed as on option on the man page (ignore zero values), but when
> r.stats is used with -z as one of the options it fails, and advises that -z
> is not a valid option.  The values I want to exclude are all zero values
> (NULLS are not relevant as there are none in the map).

r.stats doesn't have an option to exclude specific categories. The
"-z" flag used to exist when zero was (sometimes) used as a null
value. Once GRASS supported distinct null values, the behaviour (and
the flag) were changed.

Either replace zero with null (using r.null), or generate a
reclassified map with zero replaced by null (using r.reclass).