[GRASSLIST:4562] Re: .tmp files

Soil & Water Lab. swlab at cornell.edu
Mon Sep 23 20:10:28 EDT 2002

> I haven't seen any discussion about the need for housekeeping these
> hidden directories, so maybe others aren't aware of them either.
>
> Comments anyone?

That's not a surprise. These files are usually erased automatically when you
leave GRASS, but not always, as you have observed. In particular, if your box
crashes for a reason or another while a GRASS session is opened, the files
will stick to their hidden directory.
I am sure to have come across a mention about these files somewhere in the
manual, where it was advised to use 'trap' commands in scripts to make sure
these files were suppressed. Unfortunately, I'm not able to remember where in
the manual, exactly...

--
Soil and Water Laboratory