[GRASSLIST:4563] Re: .tmp files

Gordon Keith gordon.keith at csiro.au
Mon Sep 23 20:19:21 EDT 2002

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002 10:04, Glynn Clements wrote:
> The ".tmp" directory should get cleaned whenever you exit a GRASS
> session.
>
> If your ".tmp" directories are accumulating files, that suggests that
> GRASS sessions are being terminated abnormally, e.g. by killing the
> xterm. Always terminate the session by typing "exit" in the shell.

OK.

It's probably my fault then.

I've been using g.gisenv set= to swap better mapsets and locations a lot
rather than having to exit and restart grass several times a day. I
guess this is one of the gotchas of doing that.

Thanks
Gordon

--

Gordon Keith
Programmer/Data Analyst

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.
In practice there is.