[GRASSLIST:4570] Re: geotif export of a HSV combination

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Tue Sep 24 04:20:23 EDT 2002

Lionel wrote:

> I'd like to produce a nice output of a dem for a Mapserver
> application. I've produced nice screen output based on
> dem/slope/aspect combination. I can use r.his to produce 3 RGB
> rasters. But how can I produce a tiff file of the result ? The
> r.out.tif can produce geotif but is based on a single raster map
> layer with its own color ramp.

> Sorry, I posted to quickly.
> I think the r.composite command is what I need

Alternatively, you could use r.out.ppm3. At present, it can't generate
a .tfw file, but it will provide 24-bpp colour resolution (equivalent
to "r.composite ... levels=256") without the need for an intermediate
map (note that a map which was generated with 256 levels per channel
will have ~16 million categories and 65536 colour rules, which may
severely impact the performance of certain operations).