[GRASSLIST:4573] Starting Grass 5 Pre4 on Mac OSX 10.2

Jason Horn jhorn at bu.edu
Tue Sep 24 10:35:06 EDT 2002

When I try to start Grass5, I get the welcome screen:

WELCOME TO GRASS              Version 5.0.0pre4         May 2002

    1) Have at your side all available GRASS tutorials

    2) When working on your location, the following materials
       are extremely useful:
       - A topo map of your area
       - Current catalog of available computer maps

    3) Check the GRASS webpages for feedback mailinglists and more:
       http://grass.itc.it
       http://www.baylor.edu/grass/

Hit RETURN to continue

after hitting return I get:

Error opening terminal: xterm.
Invalid resource file, removing /Users/jt/.grassrc5

... and then Grass quits

Does anyone know what's going on? I'm new to Grass and X-windows so I
have no idea what to make of this.  I'm using Grass 5 Pre4 and Xdarwin
4.2.0.1

Thanks,

Jason