[GRASSLIST:4597] Re: (no subject)

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Sun Sep 29 12:46:51 EDT 2002

Christian Riedler wrote:

> I'm new to Linux and GRASS and I have following problem.
> I downloaded and installed GRASS at my LINUX computer (Suse Linux 7.0).
> When I try to start GRASS an error occurs with following error message:
> /usr/lical/grass5/etc/set_data: error in loading shared libraries:
> libtermap.so.2: cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory

Either you need to install an appropriate package (on RedHat 6.2,
libtermcap.so.2 is in its own package, called "libtermcap"), or the
pre-compiled binaries aren't compatible with your Linux distribution.

Unless you can find a suitable libtermcap package, you will need to
either compile GRASS from source, or hope that someone eventually
provides pre-compiled binaries for Suse 7.0 (I have no idea which
distribution the "Linux" binaries were actually built for).