[GRASSLIST:4609] One other question.

Dave Graham davegraham at linuxmail.org
Mon Sep 30 23:14:15 EDT 2002

Oh yeah, one other question:

We've got a MASSIVE ammount of unreferenced x,y data right now, that we're about to sort by Township and Section.  I was thinking about creating a database to go along with it, to link each job number to, say, a Client's Name, brief job description, address, date, etc.  What I was wondering was how GRASS handles databases -- in other words, if I create an Excel spreadsheet and export it to a comma delimited file (ASCII, .CSV) will I be able to load it in GRASS to create, say, a list of Clients within a given Section?

If so, is there anything I should know about designing that spreadsheet?

  - dave graham

The questions only get worse from here.  Thank you all in advance.