[GRASSLIST:6007] Re: s.surf.idw

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Thu Apr 10 09:13:52 EDT 2003

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, H Bowman wrote:

> It picked out 3000 sites which were within the mask(?) to work with.
> s.surf.rst picked out 3542 or so within the region, & uses all those(?)

It should use all the sites in the region (ignoring the mask) for
interpolation.
The number printed on the screen was only updated every time the number of
sites read passed a multiple of 1000, so if there were 3542 it would still
be stuck on 3000. I copied the behaviour from s.info but I see now it's a
bit confusing and I've just commited a fix to CVS so it will now report
the actual number of sites loaded. Hopefully you should see 3542....