[GRASSLIST:6058] Re: PNG driver

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Tue Apr 15 15:15:08 EDT 2003

Aldo Clerici wrote:

> Sorry,
> in my previous message I made a mistake as I wrote libgd2.so.2 instead of
> libgd.so.2. So the correct message is as follows:
>

> Dear GRASSusers,
> I'm having a problem with PNG driver.
> With:
> d.mon start=PNG
> I obtain the following message:
> /usr/local/grass5/driver/PNG: error while loading shared library:
> libgd.so.2: cannot open shared object file; No such file or directory
> No socket to connect  to for monitor <PNG>
>
> I checked for libgd.so.2
> and it's in:
> /home/local/lib/libgd.so.2
>
> What 's wrong?

The loader isn't looking in /home/local/lib. Either:

1. Set the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH, e.g. by adding:

	LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/local/lib
	export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

to your shell's startup file (e.g. ~/.bash_profile, ~/.profile).

2. Add /home/local/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf then run "ldconfig" (this
assumes that you are running Linux).