[GRASSLIST:6088] Re: 5.0.2 problem

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Fri Apr 18 11:01:48 EDT 2003

Martin Wegmann wrote:

> well than I misunderstood the release notes
> http://grass.itc.it/grass5/source/NEWS.html
>
> I thought that r.series and ! r.mapcalc3 (i.e new: r.mapcalc): errors
> fixed (Glynn Clements) are normal commands and are now included in the
> new GRASS version. But they are only in the source code, right?

r.series is only available if you compile GRASS from the source code.
It isn't built as a result of running "make" (which is why it isn't in
the binary packages); you have to compile it separately (or modify
src/CMD/lists/GRASS before running "make").

The new r.mapcalc *is* in the binary packages (from at least -pre4
onwards); the program itself is called r.mapcalc, although the source
code is in src/raster/r.mapcalc3. The *old* r.mapcalc isn't in the
binary packages, but its source code is still in the source packages
(and CVS), in src/raster/r.mapcalc.