[GRASSLIST:6100] g.copy II

Martin Wegmann m.wegmann at web.de
Mon Apr 21 20:06:12 EDT 2003

thanks so far for your help, but I have still some problems left
I wrote a simple script:

#!/bin/bash
#copy all h*
g.mlist h*
read all
for raster in all ; do
g.copy rast=$raster,$raster at humbert ; done

well the first problem was that g.mlist works (->top) and suddenly stops
working, no output - I tried it as command directly in GRASS and it gives no
output either - the number of files starting with an h must be app. 3000 -
could that be the problem? I tried it with another specification which
selects ony a couple of maps and that gives an output. I don't need as visual
output, it shall only be able to read the selection, well and that's the
second problem...

the "read all" command doesn't work in this context. I tried g.mlist with
another specification (only 10 maps) and it is not reading these file names
either.

I am still thinking about the |grep command as possibility,  but so far that
didn't work too.

g.copy .... is working when I tried it separately.

any idea? thanks Martin

--
Martin Wegmann
Department of Animal Ecology and Tropical Biology
wegmann at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de
m.wegmann at web.de