[GRASSLIST:6105] RE: NVIZ problem

Nico Hardebol harj at geo.vu.nl
Tue Apr 22 08:42:23 EDT 2003

Hello,

I was confronted with the same problem, although at first, during
installation of the new grass5.0.2 I received NVIZ-error during compilation,
I finally solved it but could nevertheless not run NVIZ under grass5.0.2
with the same error message.

I recognized comparable problems with other shared libraries libtk.so.0 &
libpq.... for linking grass with psotgresql

somehow the shared libraries were not properly linked during booting,
because when I linked the shared libraries manually by typing:
/sbin/ldconfig

at least the problems with NVIZ were solved.

I'm running the newest Suse linux 8.2 on dell laptop - but afterwards
downgraded the tcl/tk libraries to 8.3 (instead of 8.4)
However I still have porblems with grass.postgresql during configuration -
may message to list will come....

may this help you