[GRASSLIST:923] Re: Handling millions of points in GRASS...

Sandro Klippel sandro.klippel at talha-mar.com.br
Thu Aug 7 11:52:47 EDT 2003

I worked with approximately 4 millions points of batimetric data of
southern Brazil continental margin. For performance reasons I preferred
working with GMT tools and awk scripts. But the awk scripts was used
only for filter out bad data. 'blockmean' and 'surface' grid data in few
seconds. Then I imported to grass/nviz with 'r.in.bin' for 3d
visualization.

You can use the 'gmtselect' for spatial selections.

Sandro.

--
Sandro Klippel <sandro.klippel at talha-mar.com.br>

talha-mar projetos ambientais