[GRASSLIST:1014] plz help Importing coast line data

Amit Keney amit at darya.nio.org
Mon Aug 25 15:08:44 EDT 2003

Hi All

    I have exported coast line data from GMT as an ascii file
the format of the file is as follows

# Data from the full resolution GMT shoreline, borders, and rivers database
 > Shore Bin # 26014, Level 1
94.4329 18
94.4312 17.9983
94.4313 17.9966
94.4321 17.9958
94.4321 17.995
94.4329 17.9942
94.4329 17.9933
94.4338 17.9925
94.4338 17.9916
94.4346 17.9908
94.4346 17.99
94.4371 17.9875
 > Shore Bin # 26014, Level 1
94.4371 17.9867
94.4379 17.9858
94.4379 17.9849
94.4405 17.9825
94.4404 17.9767
94.4396 17.9758
94.4396 17.9741
94.4429 17.9708

here each line is separated by  "> Shore Bin # 26014, Level 1"

and the values between the "> ...." delimiters r the coordinates of the
points on a line.

how can i import this as a vector file . I mean how can i import these
lines into grass as a set of vector lines of contour level 0

Thanking All in Advance

--Amit--