[GRASSLIST:1927] Re: pie/bar chart of vect variables in 5.0.x

Mon Dec 1 13:19:09 EST 2003

On Monday 01 December 2003 15:09, Hamish wrote:
> > Or I upgrade to 5.1. but as long as it is not meant for productiv use,
> > I prefer to keep 5.0.x.
>
> that doesn't mean you can't use it for production use! ;)
> nothing to be afraid of, it works. You can install both 5.0.x and
> 5.7 (ie 5.1) on the same machine and run each when you need it.
>
> > I transfered data values of 66 plots from R to GRASS using sites.put()
> > and plotted their values via the v.bubble command on the background of
> > a raster image.
> > I wonder if a pie chart or bar chart is as well available this
> > way. I looked for d.vect.chart but that seems to be only available
> > in >5.1. Is it due to the limit of one variable/vector in 5.0.x?
>
> If you can get it into a raster layer:
>
> d.histogram style=pie

well, I installed 5.7 and it looks promising!

d.m does not work due to some libproj.so.0 error (I pasted it below if this
error is not kown yet) but I could get a glimbs of the new grass look (until
this nice map disappeared and left some error messages ,-)  ) .

Could it be that the vector support is not implemented yet? d.vect does not
show up with vector files and doing it by command line prompts that there are
no such vectors.

but d.vect.chart ctype=bar is what I am looking for and it would be awesome to
get it running.

but great work! despite that I have to learn some new commands ,-)

regards Martin

Error in startup script: ps.map: error while loading shared libraries:
libproj.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    while executing
"exec ps.map -p"
    (procedure "DmPrint::init" line 14)
    invoked from within
"DmPrint::init"
    (procedure "main" line 30)
    invoked from within
"main $argc $argv"
    (file "/usr/local/grass57-29_11_2003/etc/dm/d.m.tcl" line 785)