[GRASSLIST:1957] Re: help please

Richard Greenwood Rich at GreenwoodMap.com
Thu Dec 4 09:30:01 EST 2003

At 12:08 AM 12/4/2003, you wrote:

>Hello! My name is Hoover Serna I'm from Colombia and I'm user of grass4.2.1
>I download grass 5.0.3 and i install it in my Linux system (Red Hat 7.0
>kernel 2.2.16-22).
>
>I can input Location, Mapset and Database, but when i press Esc Enter the
>following message appears:
>
>"/usr/local/grass5/etc/Init.sh: GISDBASE: parameter null or not set"

GISDBASE is set from a value saved in .grassrc5

You can do either of the following:
1. edit .grassrc5 and add a line such as:
     GISDBASE: /path/to/your/data
2. hide  .grassrc5 by renaming or moving it. This will cause GRASS to
prompt you for Location, Mapset, and Gisdbase the next time you start GRASS.

Regards

Richard W. Greenwood, PLS
Greenwood Mapping, Inc.
Rich <at> GreenwoodMap <dot> com