[GRASSLIST:1975] Re: raster display problem in 5.7

Christopher Fonnesbeck chris at fonnesbeck.org
Sun Dec 7 18:48:10 EST 2003

On Dec 7, 2003, at 5:20 PM, Hamish wrote:

>> It gives me the following error:
>>
>> can't read "opttype(1)": no such variable
>> can't read "opttype(1)": no such variable
>>      while executing
>> "if { $opttype($i) == "multi" } {
>>              set domulti 0
>>              for {set j 1} {$j <= $nmulti($i) } {incr j} {
>>                  if { $optval($i,$..."
>>      (procedure "mkcmd" line 5)
>>      invoked from within
>> "mkcmd "
>>      invoked from within
>> ".run invoke"
>>      ("uplevel" body line 1)
>>      invoked from within
>> "uplevel #0 [list $w invoke]"
>>      (procedure "tk::ButtonUp" line 23)
>>      invoked from within
>> "tk::ButtonUp .run"
>>      (command bound to event)
>

> Ok, that'll probably be the Tcl/Tk problem Glynn was speaking of then.
> There is a Mac version and a UNIX/X11 version, GRASS needs to be built
> and used with the UNIX/X11 version (usually from FINK). If you are
> using
> Markus' binaries you can be pretty confident that it was built with the
> X11 version, but you still need it installed on your system to use at
> run time. The Tcl/Tk driver program is called 'wish' and as Glynn noted
> you can force GRASS to use a non-default version by installing to
> somewhere and then setting the enviromental variable GRASS_WISH in your
> terminal before starting GRASS.
>

> Is this breaking from the command line or from d.m? Does:
> d.rast raster_name
> by itself on the command line work?
>

> hope it helps, sounds like you are 99% of the way there..
> Hamish

More information: when I use a different mapset, the monitor works
properly again (i.e. displays raster maps). I must have done something
to the spearfish layers to make them undisplayable! Very odd.

--
Christopher J. Fonnesbeck ( c h r i s @ f o n n e s b e c k . o r g )
Georgia Cooperative Fish & Wildlife Research Unit, University of Georgia