[GRASSLIST:1977] Re: raster display problem in 5.7

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Sun Dec 7 21:52:18 EST 2003

Christopher Fonnesbeck wrote:

> > Ok, that'll probably be the Tcl/Tk problem Glynn was speaking of then.
> > There is a Mac version and a UNIX/X11 version, GRASS needs to be built
> > and used with the UNIX/X11 version (usually from FINK). If you are
> > using
> > Markus' binaries you can be pretty confident that it was built with the
> > X11 version, but you still need it installed on your system to use at
> > run time. The Tcl/Tk driver program is called 'wish' and as Glynn noted
> > you can force GRASS to use a non-default version by installing to
> > somewhere and then setting the enviromental variable GRASS_WISH in your
> > terminal before starting GRASS.
>
> But, it *was* working for awhile, then stopped working. I am using my
> own build from CVS, with the OSX Tcl/Tk framework, which is used by the
> OpenOSX GRASS (which works fine on my system).

The OpenOSX version of GRASS has some changes specifically to allow
the use of the native MacOSX version of Tcl/Tk. These are available
from:

http://grass.itc.it/grass5/binary/mac_os_x/OpenOSX-Additions-Grass-5.0.2.tar.bz2

However, there have been some changes to tcltkgrass since 5.0.2, so I
have no idea whether those patches will work on more recent versions.