[GRASSLIST:1992] Re: import ENVI .hdr with r.in.gdal

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Mon Dec 8 16:38:37 EST 2003

Hello
I didn't see any replies to this on the list so am just wondering if you
got it sorted out.

wouter buytaert wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Trying to import an ENVI raster with gdal, I get a segmentation fault.
> While this is a gdal rather than a grass problem; maybe someone has some
> experience with it...

Did you get any other maps imported with r.in.gdal? If not the problem
is probably the gdalbridge code, which you can force GRASS not to use by
specifying the --with-gdal configure option when compiling.

Try reading the map with gdalinfo. If you get a segmentation fault then,
the problem is with GDAL, if not, it probably is that you did not
compile GRASS with the --with-gdal configure option. You could try
re-compiling GRASS using this option.

Paul