[GRASSLIST:2016] creating new location in 5.7

Christopher Fonnesbeck chris at fonnesbeck.org
Wed Dec 10 11:40:18 EST 2003

When I attempt to start up GRASS 5.7 and create a new location, the GUI
explodes and prints this to the terminal:

Starting GRASS ...
ERROR: LOCATION << /Users/chris/grass/INLAS >> not available
: command not foundetc/Init.sh: line 1:
: command not foundetc/Init.sh: line 1:
: command not foundetc/Init.sh: line 1:
: command not foundetc/Init.sh: line 1:
: command not foundetc/Init.sh: line 1:
: command not foundetc/Init.sh: line 1:
ERROR: Invalid return code from gis_set.tcl.
Please advise GRASS developers of this error.
/usr/local/grass57/etc/Init.sh: line 485: LOCATION_NAME: parameter null
or not set
Goldeneye:~/grass chris$ /usr/local/bin/grass57
Cleaning up temporary files.....
Starting GRASS ...
ERROR: LOCATION_NAME not set
Error in startup script: can't read "env_location": no such variable
     while executing
"set location $env_location"
     (procedure "searchGISRC" line 23)
     invoked from within
"searchGISRC $gisrc_name"
     (file "/usr/local/grass57/etc/gis_set.tcl" line 1)
/usr/local/grass57/etc/Init.sh: line 485: LOCATION_NAME: parameter null
or not set

I assume this should not happen ... not sure what is looking for and
not finding in Init.sh.

Help!
--
Christopher J. Fonnesbeck ( c h r i s @ f o n n e s b e c k . o r g )
Georgia Cooperative Fish & Wildlife Research Unit, University of Georgia