[GRASSLIST:2023] Re: conversion of sites to 5.7 from 5.0

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Dec 11 03:25:51 EST 2003

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 05:53:08PM -0500, Christopher Fonnesbeck wrote:
> I am trying to convert some sites over to version 5.7 vector format,
> but am unable to use v.convert. I get the following:
>
> GRASS 5.7.-cvs:~/Research/INLAS/GIS > v.convert input=bridges
> output=bridges
> ERROR: Input vector was not found.
>
> Yet, when I list the sites, I get:

Did you run
  g.list vect
or
  g.list oldvect
?

Note that your 'bridges' map must be present in the old vector format.

Since you refer to 'sites', v.in.sites might be the right module.
v.in.sites help
 Converts a GRASS site_lists file into a vector file.

Cheers

 Markus

--
Markus Neteler     <neteler at itc.it>       http://mpa.itc.it