[GRASSLIST:2034] Re: MrSID conversion

Christopher Fonnesbeck chris at fonnesbeck.org
Thu Dec 11 20:03:41 EST 2003

On Dec 11, 2003, at 7:49 PM, Richard Greenwood wrote:

> At 04:42 PM 12/11/2003, you wrote:
>> Does anyone happen to know of a good conversion utility for MrSID
>> files so that I can import some ortho photos into GRASS? I found one
>> called mrsiddecode, but it doesnt use the projection information in
>> the header file, making it virtually useless.
>
> Are you referring to geo-referencing information in the .sid file or
> in the .sdw file?  Geo-referencing information in the .sid is pretty
> new and I do not know of any software that reads it, but if you are
> referring to the .sdw 'world file', just rename it .tfw.

Thanks, I tried that, but the same result. If I run gdalinfo on the
resultant tif file, I get:

Driver: GTiff/GeoTIFF
Size is 10687, 14660
Coordinate System is `'
Corner Coordinates:
Upper Left  (    0.0,    0.0)
Lower Left  (    0.0,14660.0)
Upper Right (10687.0,    0.0)
Lower Right (10687.0,14660.0)
Center      ( 5343.5, 7330.0)
Band 1 Block=10687x1 Type=Byte, ColorInterp=Gray

Not very useful!
--
Christopher J. Fonnesbeck ( c h r i s @ f o n n e s b e c k . o r g )
Georgia Cooperative Fish & Wildlife Research Unit, University of Georgia