[GRASSLIST:2072] r.mapcalc questions

Miha STAUT mihastaut at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 17 06:29:15 EST 2003

Hi,

I did not understand how the min, max, median and mode functions in
r.mapcalc work (is there also a function the calculation of arithmetic
averages? e.g. mean). I would only like to perform an operation like this:

r.mapcalc "p=myrast1-min(myrast2)"

Is there any other way to insert some descriptive statistics into r.mapcalc
directly?

How do I manage rasters with number names in r.mapcalc? E.g. ortophotos
named with numbers. I tried the following:
r.mapcalc "newrast=myrast-"40600370""# 40600370 is a raster layer
But it still treats the name like a number.

Thanks, Miha Staut