[GRASSLIST:5496] RE: Can't resize monitor.

H. Bowman ihatejunkyabastards at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 7 00:10:02 EST 2003

Matt Doggett wrote:

> Problem:  Using Grass5.0, we cannot resize the Xwindow monitor created
> using d.mon.
[...]
> 2.    Several people have reported a "d.resize" command.

or more generally d.monsize:   [broken in 5.0.0, fixed in CVS]
USAGE: d.monsize <monitor_width> <monitor_height> <monitor_name>

It lets you specify a specific monitor too, otherwise seems to be
redunant with d.resize.

Glynn Clements wrote:

> The initial size of a monitor is determined by the GRASS_WIDTH and
> GRASS_HEIGHT environment variables, e.g.
>
>       GRASS_WIDTH=512
>       export GRASS_WIDTH
>       GRASS_HEIGHT=384
>       export GRASS_HEIGHT

which is right,

while John Gillette wrote:

> In html man pages under Drivers -> XDRIVER :
>  XDRIVER_WIDTH=xxx
>  XDRIVER_HEIGHT=yyy
>  XDRIVER_LEFT
>  XDRIVER_TOP

which are now wrong.

John again:
> If you use the TCLTK menus:
> Config (on the very left hand side) ->Options ->Display dimensions

This seems to be broken in 5.0.0 as well as CVS.
(/src/tcltkgrass/main/gui.tcl)
so off I go to file two more bugs..

Hamish