[GRASSLIST:5540] Command-line invocation

Michael Ash mash at econs.umass.edu
Thu Feb 13 13:23:19 EST 2003

I would like to run v.support on many vector maps across mapsets and want to use a shellscript to manage the process.

With GISDBASE, LOCATION_NAME, MAPSET, etc., properly defined, is it possible to invoke GRASS with either a single grass command or the name of a grass shellscript, thus:

export MAPSET=angola
% grass5 - -text <grass command or grass shellscript to run v.support on several vector maps>
export MAPSET=botswana
% grass5 - -text <grass command or grass shellscript to run v.support on several vector maps>
export MAPSET=burundi

etc., etc.,

I am open to other suggestions if there is a better way.  (I have the countries in separate mapsets because the vector maps have the same generic name for each country (e.g., "airports").

Michael Ash, Assistant Professor
  Of Economics and Public Policy
Department of Economics and CPPA
University of Massachusetts