[GRASSLIST:5551] cygwin installation

Miha STAUT mihastaut at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 14 10:49:21 EST 2003

Hi all,

What was wrong in this installation on Windows XP with Cygwin on it?
What does this mean:

[: None: bad number

I installed sunrpc but am not sure I installed all the cygwin packages
needed corectly.
Could be that the packages for cygwin are old (about 1.5 years)?

ines klinkon at RACUNALNIK /usr/local
$ sh grass5_i686-pc-cygwin_install.sh
grass5.0.0pre3_i686-pc-cygwin_bin.tar.gz

GRASS GIS 5 binary package installation tool

[: None: bad number
Using gunzip decompressor...
The package grass5.0.0pre3_i686-pc-cygwin_bin.tar.gz seems to be o.k.
Proceeding...

Checking and creating installation directory...
Installing GRASS binaries into /usr/local/grass5

Uncompressing the package and extracting to target directory...
Creating start script: /usr/local/bin/grass5
Creating the locks directory for monitors...

Installation finished. Start GRASS 5 with
    grass5

The graphical user interface can be started within GRASS GIS.

You can uninstall grass by typing
    sh grass5uninstall.sh
in the directory /usr/local/bin

Welcome to GRASS GIS. Enjoy this open source GNU GRASS GIS!

ines klinkon at RACUNALNIK /usr/local
$ grass5
[: klinkon/.grassrc5: unknown operand
usage: /usr/local/grass5/etc/lock file pid
Unable to properly access /home/ines klinkon/.gislock5
Please notify system personel.

ines klinkon at RACUNALNIK /usr/local
$

Thanks in advance