[GRASSLIST:5602] postgres and d.sites.pg

John Dougherty jwd at softcom.net
Thu Feb 20 05:09:01 EST 2003

I need a little information regarding the use of d.sites.pg.

I find that a query that runs properly in postgres will behave differently
based on what interface I choose with d.sites.pg.  If I use the tcltk
interface, I get an error regarding the "where" portion of the query.  If for
instance I use 'where att ~* 'aa'"  an error is thrown with a message that
'aa' is not a valid option, even though it works fine postgres.  This same
error occurs if I use the command line using something like the following:

d.site.pg tab=gully map=boundary cats=att where="~*'aa'"

if run without the double quotations, but which states that attribute 'x'
cannot be found, when they are present.

If I run the command from the GRASS command line, answering the individual
prompts, the query runs properly and the results are plotted properly. Can
someone explain this?

John Dougherty