[GRASSLIST:5638] r.flow and flowpath length

marco castrogiovanni mcastrogiovanni at email.it
Sat Feb 22 10:29:30 EST 2003

hi,
I'm currently building up an hydrologic model based on raindrop method.
I need to calculate the lengths of flowlines. I've tried with r.flow by
the following syntax:

r.flow -3 elevin=bas.dem aspin=bas.asp flout= bas.flow lgout=bas.len

where bas.dem is a raster map (filled with r.fill.dir) with resolution
of 1920x2100 cells, with cell-dimensions 20x20 meters and with high
precision quota value (six decimal numbers).
I haven't obtained any acceptable results yet, 'cause all flowlines
suddenly stop in unexpected points and they don't reach the outlet.
Raster map of distances from outlet that I get after running r.flow
have a lot of zero-value cells, but their corresponding quota and
aspect value wouldn't allow these results.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards, Marco.

--
Prendi GRATIS l'email universale che... risparmia: http://www.email.it/f

Sponsor:
 nuovissimo Sony Ericsson T68i  marchiato TIM
Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=552&d=22-2