[GRASSLIST:5666] [jwm-grassnew, new, new, -tcltk GUI]

Jason Morgan jwm-grass at sentinelchicken.net
Tue Feb 25 15:43:27 EST 2003

$ man grass5

<snip>
       If you start GRASS using the  Tcl/Tk  interface you  must
       have  a wish command in your $PATH variable. That is, the
       command must be named wish and not something like wish8.3.
       By  default,  a Tcl/Tk installation does not create a wish
       command. Thus, the system  administrator  must  create  an
       appropriate link to the actual wish program.

       For  example, suppose Tcl/Tk 8.3 programs are installed in
       /usr/local/bin. Then the system administrator should go to
       the  /usr/local/bin  directory  and run the commands ln -s
       wish8.3 wish and ln -s tclsh8.3 tclsh to properly  install
       Tcl/Tk for use with GRASS.

       Furthermore,  if  you have more than one version of Tcl/Tk
       installed, make sure that the version you want to use with
       GRASS  is  the first version found in your $PATH variable.
       GRASS searches your $PATH  variable  until  it  finds  the
       first version of wish.
<snip>

Hope that helps.