[GRASSLIST:5269] Re: a line map dissapears

H. Bowman ihatejunkyabastards at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 4 02:52:15 EST 2003

> >>when I zoomed in a  road map(vector line map). it is never seen.
> >>However raster maps  can be seen properly.
> >
> >Have you run v.support on the vector file?
>

> thank you for your interest

..I had a simular problem a while back, which got fixed, but it was too long ago to remember the solution and I couldn't locate the thread on the the mailing list archive..

are you running the latest grass 5.0.0 version or one of the old preX versions???
or something even older?

> Even if I try to open only the vector map after zooming . I do not get it.

these steps always work for me on a good vector file:
v.support vectorfile
g.region vect=vectorfile
d.vect vectorfile
d.zoom

does the vector file display but then disapear when you zoom in?
and zooming works correctly on a raster file?